Make Money Selling to Your Customers in Baja
The San Diego Association of Realtors, (SDAR) and Consejo Estatal de Profesionales Inmobiliarios de Baja California, A. C. (CEPIBC) signed an agreement on October 2008 in the City of San Felipe, México... http://www.cepibc.org/
One of the main objectives of the agreement was the promotion of a business relationship between the members of both associations. Next, you will find some general recommendations that will help the promotion of a professional Real Estate international transaction.
CEPIBC Referral Recommendations
- In order to pay a referral fee to an agent he/she needs to be a member of any of the local Real Estate Associations in either country.
- We adhere to the NAR referral system and to the CEPIBC Internal guidelines.
- Both agree to honor referral fees to each other and to informed the Real Estate Company or associate of the fee before the listing agreement or buyer’s agency agreement is executed.
- Never pay fees to unlicensed parties, unless permitted under RESPA.
- Develop specific policies for what is and is not covered by the affiliate relationship agreements you have with banks, home improvement centers, etc.
- Ensure that sales associates making referrals communicate your policies to the other parties involved.
- Keep associates up to date about companies in your area that routinely charge referral fees either directly or through a relocation company.
Members of the Baja California Real Estate Board (CEPIBC) do adhere to these policies as agreed with SDAR (San Diego Association of Realtors), and with specific policies we can cut down potential conflicts between Bi-national agents.
CEPIBC Baja California Real Estate Board